“In his dexterity Szyk recalls a bygone age of monastic scribes slaving over parchment pages. [His] illustrations are more intricate than Swiss watch works and sublimely obsessive. Reproductions hardly do the originals justice.”
— Michael Kimmelman, The New York Times
“Arthur Szyk’s drawings are evidence of an exceptional mastery of crafts and of artistic inspiration.”
— Katja Widmann and Johannes Zechner, Curators, Deutsches Historisches Museum, Berlin, 2008
“To call Arthur Szyk the greatest illuminator since the sixteenth century is no flattery. It is the simple truth which becomes manifest to any person who studies his work with the care which it deserves.”
— Cecil Roth, Historian, London, 1940s
“[Szyk] makes not only cartoons, but beautiful composed pictures which suggest, in their curiously decorative quality, the inspired illuminations of the early religious manuscripts.”
— Thomas Craven, Art Critic, New York, 1940s
Historicana Presents Szyk.com: Internationally Recognized Source for Szyk Works of Art
- Gallery of Images
- Cutting-Edge Artistry
- Craftsmen & Scholars
- Editions & Pricing
- People Are Talking
- Documentary Film
- Request Information
Terms of Sale
- Historicana accepts VISA and MasterCard in our online shops, Shop Szyk and Shop Historicana. For orders by phone, we accept VISA and MasterCard, as well as personal checks and wire transfers.
- Shipping and insurance are additional. We will notify you of charges upon receipt of your order.
- We ship via 2nd or 3rd-day FedEx or USPS Priority Mail, unless you advise us otherwise.
- Historicana is not responsible for delivery errors and/or extra fees due to incorrect address information.
- California residents will be charged sales tax (8.25%).
- All items remain the property of Historicana until paid in full.
- All items are guaranteed as described and may be returned undamaged for any reason within seven days of receipt. Items should be returned in their original packaging. We will also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error.
- All items are offered subject to prior sale.
- Libraries and institutions may be billed to meet their budgetary requirements.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Szyk.com Terms of Sale.